In general there are three main types of long term visa available to expatriates wishing to remain long term in Sri Lanka.
A Residence Visa is a permit for a non-Sri Lankan to obtain residence facilities for special purposes. It is issued to persons of non-Sri Lankan nationality to whom it has been decided to extend residence facilities for the purpose of investment or otherwise, in circumstances where the prescribed authority is satisfied that their stay in Sri Lanka and the pursuit of their vocations are not prejudicial to the best interests of the population.
My Dream Home Visa Programme
Sri Lanka welcomes senior foreign nationals who wish to a prolonged stay in Sri Lanka on Residence.
Sri Lanka My Dream Home Programme
- Residence visa valid for 02 years which is renewable, will be granted.
- Feeling welcome and safe while living in Sri Lanka among who are kind to foreigners.
- Enjoying range of climates, seasons and temperatures etc.
- Endless outdoor health-giving opportunities for golf, tennis, physical training in gyms, marathon running, swimming, surfing, snorkelling, sea or fresh water fishing, bird-watching and observing nature in world class game reserves.
- Luxurious furnished houses or flats are available on the tropical coastal belt, in the scenic central highlands and in the main cities.
What are the eligibility requirements for Dream Home visa scheme ?
- Any foreign national over 55 years of age.
- a. Should remit US$15000 or the equivalent in an approved foreign currency and deposit them in a fixed deposit account in an approved any bank in Sri Lanka.
b. A monthly remittance of US$ 1500 or the equivalent in an approved foreign currency for the principal applicant and US$ 750 or the equivalent in an approved foreign currency for each spouse and dependent child* for their upkeep (if accompanied by spouse/children) in a savings or current account in an approved any bank in Sri Lanka.
Resident Guest Scheme Visa Programme
Who can get Sri Lankan Resident Visa under this programme ?
The RGS is a part of a package of incentives for prospective foreign investors and professionals who would contribute to the economic and socio-cultural development of the country.
What is the Implementing Agency ?
The Implementing Agency of the RGS consists of Senior Officials of the Relevant Government Agencies. The Office of the Implementing Agency is located at the Department of Immigration Emigration, “Suhurupaya”, Battaramulla, Sri Lanka.
How can I apply for Sri Lankan visa under this programme ?
The Resident Guest Scheme is open to all foreign nationals. Any foreign investor / professional who could contribute to the economic and socio cultural enrichment of the country can apply.